Monday, January 17, 2011

OMG

You'll never guess what I got to do yesterday.  I went for a ride in the car AND a walk in the woods.  It was a perfect winter day for both:

My owner wanted me to be *calm* before I got into the vehicle.  HA!  I mean, are you calm before you get into a vehicle?  It's so exciting!  The open fields!  The scenery flying by so fast you can't focus on anything without feeling queasy!  The thrill of a trip to unknown lands!
Here I am in the car, during a pensive moment: 




 













The rest of my pack might tell you that I cried and whimpered and made a bit of a fuss during this ride.  NOT TRUE.  I just had one too many treats before I left and came *this close* to losing my lunch.  So to speak. 

I was really, really excited to go for a hike through the snow.  I just can't put into words the feelings I experienced when we pulled into the parking lot, and I was FINALLY allowed to get out and get my land legs back.  I tried really hard not to let anyone get in front of me during the hike.  I kept looking at my people with that look that says, 'Just let me take care of this,' but they weren't buying it.  

And the scents!  The odors that HAD to be tracked!  Rabbits, mice, birds, deer, other people, dogs, the list was endless!

You know how it goes, right?  Pure heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Shep! What a great place for a walk. Maybe we can join you sometime. Our dog doesn't care too much for snow/water/being wet. You can imagine how she reacts to her weekly baths. Do you like baths?

    ReplyDelete