Monday, April 4, 2011

My Sheep, Plus, a Large Problem

Hello.

I'll start with the happy stuff . . . here's a photo of my sheep.  I'm a herding dog.  I love to herd.  But unfortunately, we live in town and are not allowed to keep sheep in the yard for some reason.  I wonder why?  But my owners gave me special sheep to herd.  Here's one of my flocks:


Here's my indoor flock:

My people try to help me by kicking the sheep around, but I've found my teeth to be much more effective.

Now for the bad news:
The big lady came home with a funny package today from some strange place called 'Petsmart.'  Inside was something called the 'Gentle Leader.'  The lady and the little girl kept putting it on me, then taking it off of me, then adjusting it, then putting it on me again, then taking it off of me, then adjusting it again, ad infinitum.  After a long, long time, we went for a walk with this abhorrent little thing and I really did NOT like it. 

The message that the humans are sending me is this: I, apparently, am not the leader of the pack.  I am not the king of the castle.  Apparently, these people think in their little brains that they are above me.  It's a tough pill to swallow, I know.  But I will not surrender!  I will not give in!  I will keep you posted on how our next walk goes!  I might try to grab this 'gentle leader' and chew it apart when no one's looking!

PetSmart?  How about PetStupid!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh NO! Not the evil gentle leader! You must be really upset. :( But I don't think chewing it apart will solve your problem. They'll probably just buy a new one.
    Ummmm . . . are those sheep breathing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm also glad you posted pictures of your sheep. But really, are they ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ "PetStupid" and The Magic Violinist's comments!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic Violinist, you are right, they'd definitely just get a new one. However, I threw enough of a temper tantrum on our last walk that I hope they'll never want to take me for a walk with that thing again. Time will tell!

    And to answer your question--are the sheep breathing? Let me check . . . hmmm. No. I don't think they're breathing. Should the sheep be breathing???

    ReplyDelete